Module Three Short Paper: Drug Testing of Employees
In the 1980s, the federal government required drug testing from government contractors. Since then, a number of companies have adopted policies regarding
drug testing in the workplace. Companies believe they need to do drug testing to promote a safe and efficient work environment. Others believe it is an invasion
of privacy and what a person does at home should have no bearing on employment. Write a paper addressing the following questions:
1. Do you think that companies should perform drug testing on employees? Explain your rationale and provide specific examples, whereapplicable.
2. Is the safety of employees and overall efficiency of the company or the privacy rights of employees more important? Explain yourdecision.
If you think drug testing of employees is appropriate, what human resource policies would you put in place to govern the drug testing? Explain. If you do not
think that drug testing is appropriate, what obligation do companies have to make sure proper safety is maintained in the workplace?
Module Five Short Paper: Five I’s Strategic Analysis
Facebook has been surrounded by controversy. In 2017 the company lost around 2.8 million U.S. users under the age of 25. The prediction for 2018 is not much
better. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s CEO, has stated that due to the current controversy the amount of time users spend on Facebook has reduced by 50 million
hours each day thus far in 2018.
A strategic analysis of Facebook using the Five I’s can help you better understand the crisis as well as how the organization should manage it. In order to use the
Five I’s in a strategic analysis, it is significant for you to gain an understanding of the history of the company. This will help you determine how to strategically deal
with stakeholders to avoid future public relations issues. Read pages 6-15 of “Facebook Fake News in the Post-Truth World,” a Harvard Business Review case
In addition to reading the Facebook case study, learn about the Five I’s strategic analysis stages by reviewing page 52 of your textbook, Business, Society and
Government Essentials. Additional information on the Five I’s can also be found in the module overview.
To complete this assignment, address the following items in your short paper:
1. Identify the issue Facebook is having based on the HBR article (p.6-15).
2. Determine (identify) stakeholders who are for or against the direction Facebook is taking to avoid the public relations issues.
3. Identify the incentives of stakeholders by answering the following five questions:
a. What responsibility does the company have to the stakeholders?
b. Can the stakeholder help or hurt the company performance?
c. Is quick action needed?
d. What is the cost/benefit of the company taking action?
e. What action(s) the stakeholders take to help or oppose the public relations issue?
4. Identify the company objectives for what is wants to achieve in trying to reduce future public relations issues.
5. Identify interaction strategies that can be implemented in stages.
Module Six Short Paper: Minimum Wage
In February 2015, Walmart announced that it is increasing wages to just over $10 an hour for all employees. This wage is now substantially higher than the
federal minimum wage but still below the $15 an hour rate recommended by many labor activist groups.
Review the following information on the recent wage changes:
In Letter to Associates, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon Announces Higher Pay
What You Should Know About Walmart’s Raise
Walmart Lifts Its Wage Floor to $9 an Hour
In a paper, respond to the following questions:
1. Do you think Walmart raised wages because of supply and demand in the labor market or because of the pressure of labor activist organizations? Explain
2. Do you think Walmart should raise wages to $15/hour to match what labor activists are calling for? Why or whynot?
3. Should the government raise the minimum wage and if so, to what level? Please support your answer.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed in each short paper:
I. Main Elements. You have addressed all of the questions in the assignment.
II. Inquiry and Analysis. You show an in-depth understanding of the concepts covered in the assignment.
III. Integration and Application. You have correctly applied the concepts discussed in the module corresponding with the assignment.
IV. Critical Thinking. You have articulated a clear conclusion based on strong rationale.
V. Research. You have incorporated at least two outside references into the assignment.
VI. Articulation of Response. You show appropriate grammar, spelling, syntax, and organization.
Do you need a college paper help from professional writers
Order a Similar plagiarism free essay . 100% Guarantee High quality!! Order now by clicking the link below:
Setup the Number of pages
specify the deadline